ABE Peel & Stick Membrane Universal Self-adhesive 10mx150mm
abe® peel & stick membrane is a universal, self-adhesive waterproofing membrane comprising of a unique ethylene polymer modified bitumen, incorporating an exposed spun-bond, non-woven, polypropylene fabric that is alkali resistant to receive cementitious and water-based acrylic resin coatings and adhesive systems.
- Counterflashing for:
- Between wall and roof or torch-applied membranes
- Full-bore waterproofing, pipe extrusion detailing
- Under windowsills, damp coarse flashing
- Low thresholds that will not accommodate multi-layer built-up systems
- Skylights and gargoyle detailing
- Where naked flames are prohibited like torch-applied systems
- Under tiling on balconies to receive tile adhesive and tiling
- Waterproofing walls, floors, patio’s and balconies
- Wet areas, kitchens, bathrooms and showers
- Highly flexible membrane
- Easy to apply no special equipment required, just measure, cut, peel and stick
- Absorbs limited movement
- Excellent adhesion to most primed substrates
- Quick turnaround time
- Withstands 1-metre positive hydrostatic head pressure
- Easily top coated with cementitious waterproofing coating like dura.®flex or super laycryl, abe.®proof PU eco or a high-quality exterior water-based acrylic paint to match the surrounding structure
Typical Performance Values
|Black with an exposed blue polypropylene membrane
|Nominal weight of fibre fabric
|The UV stability of a fibre
|Adhesion to wood
|Adhesion to concrete/screed/ceramic
|Adhesion to torchon membrane
|Nominal thickness of bitumen
|Nominal weight per m2
|Resistance to water and vapour
|Bitumen compound complies with SANS 4001 BT1:2014 edition 1.2
The abe®peel & stick membrane release paper should only be removed just prior to application.
Where required ensure all inside and outside corner detailing is completed first.
Carefully apply the membrane whilst you remove the release paper and by hand firmly press the abe®peel & stick membrane onto the prepared primed surface ensuring that there is no creases or air bubbles present and that it is fully bonded to the substrate.
Side and end laps are to be a minimum of 50 mm for 150 mm and 300 mm wide rolls. For 600 mm wide rolls, side laps are to be a minimum of 50 mm and end laps 100 mm.
Note: Should colder ambient temperatures be experienced then gently warm up the membrane with a suitable hot air gun, this will improve the flexibility of the membrane to assist in placement thereof and also increase the tackiness of the membrane that is reduced by the low temperature.